Together with education and rehabilitation, several allied services are provided to the children and adults with disabilities to meet the requirements of the individual. Some of the allied services are,
- Early intervention- Early identification of disabilities and early intervention are very important in the life of a child with disability. The earlier the better. Today, there are centres that try to intervene and reduce the severity of disabilities even in the very first year of the birth of the child.
- Physiotherapy- to reduce the physical disabilities due to problems connected with muscles, joins, bones and movements.
- Occupation therapy- to enhance body functioning and intellectual development.
- Montessori therapy- to help intellectual development
- Psychological assessment and counselling